Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Flipstah18
New Contributor

Need advice, starting too loose my way

Hey, I was diagnosed as a schizophrenia paranoid in 2012, it was drug induced at that time...but after a while the voices and bad thoughts paranoia..wouldn’t go away...it took me two years too finally seek help from a psychiatrist...went well for a year, till I relapsed and took drugs again. So the voices and hallucinations went back and was more real..then I got really depressed and anxiety took over after that. Still taking and trying countless medications I just wasn’t happy with the thoughts and anxiety and anger towards the voices...constantly calling me F***ED so I was on and off drugs till the end of 2017, just to get away and well try to find happiness and feel normal. But just last year I lost my friends, too being accused of something I did not do...it was the hardest thing for me to get over till this day, I’m still scarred from it. Which makes me just not trust anyone...or feel any hope off being happy again. I’ve got a beautiful supporting gf now, but I just can’t put this all on her, as I’m worried I will stress her out. I’ve got a Supervisor role at my work atm but my mental health is really starting to affect it. I still hear voices to this day.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Need advice, starting too loose my way

Hello @Flipstah18 

Welcome to the forum. Hope it works well for you.

Smiley Happy

Sounds like you have experienced a lot of trauma from your drug use.

Smiley Sad

It  hope you find ways to heal. It is great you have a good girlfriend and a good job.

Smiley Happy 

Do you have a mental health team to talk things over with?

Re: Need advice, starting too loose my way

Self Compassion therapy & mindfulness meditation has helped me most. 

Good support is hard to find but we must keep looking for at least 3 good supports. You've come here to the forums, we can be part of your new support network.

Stay strong!

Be kind to yourself 

@Flipstah18 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance