Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My girl

Thank you @MDT 🙏 

Hey @Krishna 

I hope you are feeling rested.  I was wondering about your questions about drawing a line and when to stop contact.  

Would you be able to elaborate on those thoughts for me? Are you getting the feeling that no contact would lead to a better outcome somewhere? 

Hi @AussieRecharger I continue each week to ring my girl but she never answers so I txt and receive no reply. Simple messages of hoping she's doing okay and sending our love as always. Nothing demanding or heavy. I know through her carer that she is receiving these messages. Each time I reach out to her and she rejects me, it puts me in a downward spiral thus my question to myself, should I stop trying and simply hope one day she contacts me. There's no doubt she knows we love her and want to be there to support her through this, as we always have, but for reasons unknown to me she's chosen to estrange herself from us. I really don't know what the outcome will be but my hope is to have some type of relationship again. 

@Krishna 

I think in your last line you nailed it, hold on to hope for the relationship.  You can't make her want to reconnect but you can keep that line open and go about your life knowing that the connection is there and open and if for some reason or another, she decides to jump on the other end, hooray, but if she doesn't, well you always have the satisfaction that you kept the line open and you kept the hope alive.  

Good luck Krishna, do what you know is best for you.

Thank you @AussieRecharger   Your advice makes a lot of sense and yes keeping that line open is the key to my peace of mind, knowing that I'm doing my best to remain here for her. Much gratitude x 🙏

You can't make her want to reconnect but you can keep that line open and go about your life knowing that the connection is there and open and if for some reason or another, she decides to jump on the other end, hooray, but if she doesn't, well you always have the satisfaction that you kept the line open and you kept the hope alive. ---- great advice @AussieRecharger  and thenk you my friend 

and you are awesome @Krishna Heart

Thanks @Shaz51 . This mothers love is forever and like all of us, simply trying to do our best. 

This mothers love is forever and like all of us, simply trying to do our best. --- that is it my @Krishna , i have had no children of my own but i have brought up 4 step children who are all adults now HeartHeart

@AussieRecharger@MDT@Alicat@Anastasia 

@Krishna 🌺🌼💗🌼🌺

Screenshot_2021-06-08-12-16-20-84.jpg

@Anastasia  So beautiful. Thank you my friend 😉

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance