Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Living with PTSD (Potentially Triggering Material)

Durr... Me again @Former-Member I hit the wrong button...

image.jpeg

Thanks Maggie, I have been thinking of you too of course.  Hope your eyesight is continuing to improve. Though when I got a tag with nothing attached, I wondered if it was a sight problem.  Hope it will slowly resolve.

Sherry

Oh @Former-Member that lot, as you so well put it, are not worth anymore hurt. I'm sorry it's still raw, but why wouldn't it be. For what it's worth, I'm hearing you loud and clear.

Ohhhhh @Former-Member, sory about the other day my friend xoxo

sending you lots of tender hugs and to say I am here for you Heart

Hugs @Maggie Heart

Dear Sherry,

how brave you are to be so open and honest about your experiences. It is understandable that it is so traumatic for you.  I have not experienced this kind of abuse at all, thankfully.  But have PTSD relating to recent life experiences, the last three years,  it has changed my whole life and all my interactions.  So I am learning how to live all over again at the age of 67.  It is not easy. 

I am glad to have found your post

peri

Welcome to the Sane forums @Peri.  I'm very pleased that you have found us.  I know you will find Sane to be welcoming and supportive, as I have done.  Thank you for coming here to my thread and making your very kind comments. So sorry to hear that you have been through trauma's of your own.  No, it certainly is not easy, trauma changes us in so many ways. Can I ask if you are receiving any psychological assistance or counselling for your PTSD?  

I note that you have not opened a new thread yet.  When you are ready to, I would really appreciate you tagging me into your thread so I can follow your story too. Do you know how to do that?  All you need to do is to hit the @ button and a drop down box will come up with options to select.  Just type in @ for example, then as you type in the first few letters of my name (Sherry) the drop down box will come up with my name, among others.  I hope to see you around.  You can, of course, continue to contribute to any existing threads that interest you.  You will soon start to feel right at home.  There are some lovely people here, including many with PTSD, who will be very happy to offer support and advice if needed.

I hope your Sunday is a good one.

Sherry Heart

Hi @Former-Member hope you’re ok. 

Hi @Peri welcome to the forum. This is a great place to share our stories snd journey. Hope to chst sgsin soon. 

Xxx

Good morning everyone. I hope you all had a good weekend, topped off by a long and restful sleep last night. I even got a couple of hours sleep myself for a change. Its a beautiful clear and sparkly morning here. The rain has cleared temporarily.

@Peri Are you finding your way around the forums okay? If you get the chance, let me know your interests or hobbys and I can tag you into relevant threads. There are some great social threads here. And its a nice way to get to know a few more of your fellow members. 

Good morning @Starta I have tagged you into this thread, as you kindly did for me yesterday. I also have a thread in the carers forums, which has not been updated in some time. When I'm there next I will tag you in there too.

Have a good day all. @Maggie @BlueBay @Zoe7 @Shaz51

Sherry 💕

Thsnks @Former-Member hope you have a nice day too 😊

getting ready for work. Xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance