Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Life can be a Pain

The silent treatment can be so powerful. Good for you.

Hope you have a nice day today @Owlunar ❤️❤️

Hi @Zoe7Heart

Tears yes - I did cry a lot on Thursday evening - I could not seem to stop - and I was exhausted 

I went straight to bed - I thought I would cry but fell asleep straight away and slept right through until after 6.00 am and felt okay.

Yes - my neighbour telling me more about my cat than I knew was helpful - she was a sick little girl and trying to tell me - she would sometimes get up on the arm of my chair and "meowmeowmeow" in my face - and I would ask "What do you want? You have food and water and your litter tray is clean - what's wrong?" but she couldn't tell me and slowly the bits added up and yet it's only in retrospect that I have put the pieces of the puzzle together

It's normal to grieve and it's called Grief Work because it is hard work. No one wants to grieve - and I think pushing it aside or down only makes it harder - 

The years I had with this wonderful talkative and rather naughty, clever cat were special and the sorrow is working off - but worth it - having such a lovely little friends

I will try and copy a photo of her I found - this computer has been tricky with copying photos but I will see if I can get it

Dec

It was wonderful @Owlunar . I hope you are okay after bed incident.. Trivia for today.. the word ‘Fall’ in German can mean ‘case’ like a court case eg

SparkySparky

Yes - @Zoe7 - this is a good photo of her  and this once I will share her name

Dec

It would be lovely to see aphoto of her if you can manage to sort it out @Owlunar

Yes grief is a very individual thing - we all react to losing someone in different ways and you have had a lot to deal with aside from the loss of your Companion Cat so that would be making the process even harder. It does get easier - as you know - but it feels very raw right now. Hugs and hugs Dec Heart

Gorgeous little girl @Owlunar - she does look like she had a mischeiveous side from that photo. Thanks for sharing her name also Cat HappyHeart

Thanks @Zoe7

@Former-Member wrote:
The silent treatment can be so powerful. Good for you.

@Former-Member

I take it that this comment was meant for me seeing that it is on my thread

Rest assured I am not given you the silent treatment - I just don't know what to say to you

Some of the things you wrote recently were really hard for me to take - this was okay - I could take that and be okay about it - but you wrote that I had hurt you and you wanted some time - I asked you how I had hurt you because I didn't think I had - you haven't told me and so I just feel upset about that - and really hurt - I certainly never meant to hurt you - it was never my intention. I am not intenting to hurt you now.

I have had a rough time myself - and considering that I have been loyal to you until you shut me down I need to let you go - I am sorry - but I have to maintain my own boundaries and I hope you understand this

Dec

Gorgeous little girl @Owlunar, love the picture , xxxxxxxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance