Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

BlueBay
Senior Contributor

Re: HOME

Oh damn @utopia that’s a pain no air con. 

Its 38 here today. Went to the beach this morning. 

Try to stay cool as best you can. It must be hot where you are. 

Xx

utopia
Senior Contributor

Same temperature as you @BlueBay  But no cooling sea breeze 

I'll call the company tomorrow. @Zoe7  Hopefully they can have a look at it tomorrow or Tuesday. 

Zoe7
Community Guide

It is hot where you are @utopia  and I really hope they can come tomorrow or Tuesday to fix it. You must be sweltering with no cool air. I hope the temp decreases overnight for you Smiley Frustrated

utopia
Senior Contributor

Got to 39 today.  Currently 31 degrees.  Tomorrow and Tuesday only low 30's.  @Zoe7 

hello @utopia  how are you today Heart

it is 3am here so letting you know i am thinking of you xx

utopia
Senior Contributor

3am.  @Shaz51  What were you doing up at 3am? Can't  you sleep?  Is anything wrong? 

I'm doing ok. 

utopia
Senior Contributor

So I've rung up AMD made an appointment with my old psychologist.  I haven't seen him for 3 months.  But I just don't feel right. 

I can laugh or smile at things I'm watching or seeing.  I can find happiness in those brief moments,  but most of the time I'm just flat/dead inside. 

I have zero motivation to do anything,  even though my depression has left,  I'm still not on top of household chores. Or gardening chores.  I don't have the patience to read a book anymore.  I'm just existing.  But feel like I shouldn't whinge,  because after all the Depression has left.  Think I prefer bring depressed.  At least I know what to expect.  And not getting things done when you're depressed is understandable.  Not doing stuff when not depressed just means I'm plain lazy. 

Zoe7
Community Guide

That place where you feel like you are just existing is not new to a lot of us @utopia  It is difficult when you feel like the depression has lifted yet you have no emotions for anything in your life. Getting motivated or excited about anything seems impossible - as does doing the mundane things like housework or gardening. It is indeed a hard place to be both emotionally and physically - one feeds off the other and if we are unmotivated to get moving then it affects us mentally as well - but getting that motivation to move is so difficult. Often we get into that pattern and it is hard to get out of. I am pleased you have reached out for support from your old psychologist - that is actually doing something proactive to help yourself and that is the first step. Let us know how the appointment goes my beautiful cocky friend Heart

@utopia Smiley Happy

Spent today with some funny old birds.... ostriches and human .. lol

Heart

Zoe7
Community Guide

Hey @utopia Haven't heard from you for a while and wondering how you are going. Hope you are going okay my cocky friend. Missing you a lot Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance