Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: HOME

School concerts are part of the deal.

Smiley HappyHeart @utopia

I went to movies with son and wore low high heels. He even told me I was silly cos I was too slow for him.  I have not worn heels for so long.

Woman Embarassed

utopia
Senior Contributor

@Appleblossom Which movie did you see

hello @utopia , how was today my friend HeartHeart

Zoe7
Community Guide

I am so glad you made it to the concert @utopia - it is great seeing kids grow with something they are passionate about. I had a student today that was a real handful a couple of years ago and it was lovely seeing how far she has come in those 2 years. She can still be volatile but it takes her much less time to settle down now and that is great.

I hope your son appreciated you attending last night and you feel good for getting out as well. Hugs my beautiful cocky friend Heart

utopia
Senior Contributor

@Shaz51@Zoe7

Well I saw my psychologist today.  Told him I don't think I'm getting anything from our sessions anymore.  I'm not walking out with a "wow that's something I never thought about" or even feeling "positive " about the future. 

He said that's fine.  That I'm allowed to say I've had enough.  There's nothing wrong with that. He said I may want to think about seeing someone else,  as they may have fresh ideas and be able to connect with me.  And if ever I want to come back to see him,  I only have to call and make an appointment.  Plus he said if it's urgent,  to call him on his private number.  

So all considered,  it went well. 

Don't know if I want to see another psychologist at the moment.  Think I am done talking, for a while.

Feel a little sad.  I've been with this psychologist for 2 years. 

Feel a bit spare.  I hope this doesn't affect my WorkCover.  We'll see. 

Zoe7
Community Guide

Sometimes these things do run their course @utopia and you don't get the same out of such sessions. It is a decision you have made for yourself and that is a good thing and he has left the door open for you to contact him if you need to so that is also a good thing.

I hope it doesn't affect your workcover either - might be worth checking out for yourself when you feel a bit more up to it.

@utopia We saw A Star is Born.  At first he suggersted Creed2 but I was not up for that.

In the suicide scene which, thankfully was subtle I was triggered and grabbed his hand.  I recovered quickly. It is weird but I thought maybe it was good for us to both see it together, another lens which is not so deep and personal. Has the distancing of being movie.  We had icecreams and He met someone he had worked with which put a nice spin on the end of the night.

Re psych.  It is sad to change, but it seems as if you handled it well, was true to your self and needs and he also left options.....  

Heart

utopia
Senior Contributor

@Appleblossom. I saw that movie the other week,  A Star Is Born.  I cried at the suicide scene.  Was cathartic.  I knew it was coming up as I'd seen the original movie with Kris Kristofeson and Barbara Streisand. 

Glad you had such a nice day out with your son. 

@Zoe7. I've felt for a long time that I wasn't getting anything out of our sessions.  Just takes me a while to finally say it out loud.  He's a nice psychologist and he really helped me in the past.  It's just not working anymore.  Not sure what I'll do now. Take a break I guess. 

Zoe7
Community Guide

A break can often help us as much as the regular session @utopia. I know I needed the break for different reasons than you but it is now the right time for me to go back. Maybe this is a good thing for you and just what you need at this time to best suit you. There is no point seeing someone just for the sake of saying you are if you are not getting anything out of it.

utopia
Senior Contributor

Very true @Zoe7.

I hope you find reconnecting with your psychologist helps a lot. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance