Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Zoe7
Community Guide

Grief and Loss

After a very informative and caring discussion this evening for Topic Tuesday on Grief and Loss I thought it would be good for some of us to have a place to come to continue our discussions and the amazing support of each other. 

@Owlunar @Eve7 @Shaz51 @Adge @ShiningStar @Htoo @Poppyfriend543 @Arizona @CalmingNature @Daisydreamer 

35 REPLIES 35

Re: Grief and Loss

Glad you started a post @Zoe7 

I'm currently in hospital after losing my job last Tuesday. I'm grieving a job I lost, and of course no income. It's causing lots of stress and anxiety that is at times overwhelming. 

I wish I saw tonight's chat. I'm annoyed I missed it. But I didn't know or see it until it was too late. 

@Daisydreamer @Owlunar @Shaz51 

@BlueBay Take the time you need to work through this and lean on your supports to help you. Loss is loss and it is hard.

@Zoe7 @BlueBay 

Loss is complex too - we lose more than just a person or a job or time or our health

We can easily lose who we are - it is really hard to live though trauma without it changing us

Happy Birthday for today BlueBay

And I hope you are okay Zoe - it wasn't an easy discussion tonight but I am glad for being able to share - I have learned about other people - you most of all Zoe. I hope you are okay tonight

I will have to read though the whole discussion later

Dec

I am okay @Owlunar Some things are easier to share these days - it does change us and I am still very much grieving so many losses in the last year - my friend and Cat hurt the most but I am also so grateful to have had them in my life and also to have people like yourself who both care and have helped me get through. Today has been a real struggle but I am taking tomorrow off as well - need to rest and look after myself right now. Thank you Dec Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Grief is so isolating. 

@Daisydreamer

I wonder if anyone has done a study on the impact of the loss of loved ones on those of us with BPD diagnosis???

I've lost two pregnancies and a 13yr old, after which I became very suicidal repeatedly for six months req hospitalisation  each time (and at no other time in my life). My first miscarriage in my 20s got me branded BPD (anxiety, depression).  Im not sure why our culture doesn't label it whatbitbis:  GRIEF. I've never felt as much emotional pain as these losses, never. 

Rejection by friends comes close.

Has anyone else out there been suicidal after the loss of a loved one? A miscarriage? 

@Daisydreamer.@Former-Member 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@BPDSurvivor  ^^^

Hi @Zoe7 , thank you very much for starting this thread. I would like to contribute and be of support where I can. I don't have anything to say right now but I will pop in from time to time.

Former-Member
Not applicable

tiger.sad.4zo1_500.gif

Sometimes it's just all too much 😢

Hey @Zoe7 @Former-Member @Arizona @Owlunar @BlueBay and everyone else around.

I missed the chat last night but think a place to talk and support each other about grief and loss is a great idea.

Grief and loss can come from so many places, whether it be a person, pet, job, or so many other areas.

I hope everyone finds the support they need.

💕💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance