Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

utopia
Senior Contributor

FANTASTIC NEWS

WorkCover called my Barrister out of the blue last week and made an offer to settle my case. Today my barrister was negotiating with them to get me more. And WorkCover upped the offer. Barrister believes he can get them to go up a fraction more. I say, if he can get that amount, I will settle.

I signed the paperwork emailed through at lunchtime today.

Yay. My case is finally over. After 6 plus long and extremely painful years. That brings me a huge sense of relief.

It is not as much money as I would have liked. But it will help me pay off about 80 to 90% of my homeloan. Plus the $11,000 I owe in Council Rates. Plus I am hoping to get solar panels installed, to reduce all future electricity bills. Wow. That will take the financial stress off me.

Once my Lawyer sends WorkCover my signed agreement, it will take WC, 4 to 6 weeks to pay me.

The lawyers fees for all of this is $40,000. Ouch.

This payout is for Pain and Suffering only. So I will still be getting my WC pay. Plus they will still cover all my treatment for the future. Psychiatrist. Psychologist. Doctor. Psych Hospital stays, etc.

I plan on celebrating once I get the money in my account. Until then, I breathe a huge sigh of relief.

So glad to have settled out of court.

13 REPLIES 13

Re: FANTASTIC NEWS

That's great @utopia! So glad to hear that the case will finally be over and you'll get some relief from all the stress and financial pressure it's caused.

@utopia  Fantastic news utopia!:D you must be so relieved. Time to take a breath my friend. xxx

Oh @utopia You have made my day - that is such wonderful news. So long this has been going on and so many hurdles you have had to face but finally some resolution for you.Now you can beging to rebuild you rlife again knowing that so much of what you have been fighting for is behind you. So, so happy for you my beautiful cocky friend and so very proud of all that you have had to get through to get to this point. Onwards and upwards hey Heart Happy dance time...

Latest Cockatoo GIFs | Gfycat

Congratulations @utopia on your amazing news! xx

BB 🐰💙

Hi @utopia brilliant, amazing, wonderful news! Relaxation into new security and peace ahead of you now. Heart

Fantastic News @utopia .Sound like a long ongoing stress of 6 years has now passed.

Wishing you all the best for the future. Smiley Happy

Hi @utopia 

That's such great news! I'm so happy for you after everything you've been through. Well done forumite friend!

Judi9877

I am so so happy for you @utopia It's been a long and hard battle for you.  Paying off those debts will be amazing and yes stress free.  Oh I am so happy for you.

Yes, you can breathe a sigh of relief 

Hugs HeartHeart

congratulations my @utopia , what awesom news HeartHeart

Parrot 2.png

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance