Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Wanda1
Casual Contributor

Everything is hard for me

Introducing myself... I feel like everything is difficult for me. I have almost constant negative self talk, which lead to poor quality relationships which invariably end, and low energy levels because I'm so drained by constantly being in my head. I've seen counsellors on and off throughout my life for childhood abuse issues. I feel like maybe l have depression and anxiety, and I'm also wondering if I'm on the spectrum. Thinking of talking to my GP and asking to go on medication, as I'm so sick and tired of struggling with myself everyday. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Everything is hard for me

Hey there @Wanda1 welcome to the forums.

I am sorry to hear how painful things are at the moment. Again your level of self-awareness is incredible. Even though it is tricky, it's important to be gentle with ourselves in the process of self discovery. Self awareness in itself is a huge step forward, things will change if we're willing - well done on reflecting and possessing the desire to recover.

Have you spoken to the GP yet? In terms of the counsellors you've seen, are there any you feel you have connected with positively to work through these feelings? Child abuse is super developmental, it can take a while to rejig our negative self-talk and behavioural patterns. Please know you're not alone on the journey - I hope the forums provide you with support 🙂 Look forward to hearing from you.

Re: Everything is hard for me

Well done @Wanda1For being pro active and asking for medication for your moods.  A great step towards healing. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance