Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Dealing with intrusive thoughts - my struggle!

@Molliex 💗🍀

Hey @Molliex  I'm thinking about how you are going?

Sending hugs ❤🧡💛💚💙💜

Hope you are okay and if you're not I'm here for you 

XOXO ANGELS333 

Hi Molliex, sorry to hear about your intrusive thoughts. You've posted this more than a year ago - I hope your intrusive thoughts have lessened?

I am back on the SANE forums for various advice, my OCD and intrusive thoughts have come back tonight. I walked into my bedroom and had the thought "You may die in this bed one day". When I'm strong, I can just dismiss it, but I am not so I have been obessing about it, feeling like I need to sleep on the couch and never sleep in that bed again "Just in case". It feels like OCD but I keep getting the "What if it's a premonition thought?". I try to think logically, I am very early forties now, if I slept in that bed for the next 40-60 years (presuming I'm healthy enough to live into old age), it would likely to be true - but I definately don't intend to live here that long. (although thinking logically once again - that rickety bed and mattress won't last another 2 years and I would have likely have replaced it by then)

It's been so long, I can't even remember how to fight these intrusive thoughts.  

Hi @Angels333 @Former-Member. Sorry for the silence. I'm back at the hospital this morning. Still not sure what is happening, but I think I'll get an answer today. I feel like the news won't be good.

My daughter has been unwell and was almost admitted into hospital, so I've just had no time or energy. I know you're both thinking of me and I'll update when I can. 

Thinking of you both my friends 💙💚

Hi @Dothemo, I don't think we've met. Nice to meet you. Thank you for your post. I just wanted to let you know that I have read it, and I will respond to you soon. I'm sorry, I'm not well at the moment.

Have a nice day and take care 🌼

Hey @Molliex I am so sorry to hear your little one is sick, that's sad 😪  

I know that whatever comes your way you can handle it.   You are a strong woman and you will get through this.

I'm about to go to work but I'll be home after 3pm.

XOXO ANGELS333 

You're on my mind @Molliex 

XOXO ANGELS333 

An update for you @Angels333 and anyone else dropping by.

Confirmed yesterday that it is not ectopic. I am relieved as I really didn't want to have surgery.

However i now have an anxious 2 week wait to find out if it is viable or not. I am very pessimistic but trying not to overthink (or google too much). My Dr said I could get a scan earlier if my anxiety was really bad, but she doesn't recommend it.

So now I wait. And try and get on like everything is fine.

Thanks @Molliex  for the update.    I was thinking about you yesterday and wanted to message you but I also thought you might be needing some space.    

2 weeks is a long time to wait and I'll be here the whole time no matter what the oucome.

My redeployment work at the nursery was good today, I  got my roster for term 3 swim teaching and I am happy.   There is a chance I could be rostered on at the pool for the next two weeks  for the school holidays...  that would bring with it a whole heap of anxiety.     I really like my new position at the nursery ...   I am going to ask if I can get some casual work there in the future.   I'll mention it tomorrow to my boss.

Tonight is leftovers, homemade pizza.

What are you doing for dinner?   Are you looking after yourself @Molliex   is Mr Molliex okay too?   

Sending hugs ❤🧡💛💚💙💜

XOXO ANGELS333 

I'm so glad you're enjoying the nursery. Fingers crossed you can get some more work there @Angels333.

Your dinner sounds nice! I'm just about to serve ours, I made a frittata with zucchini, corn, peas, herbs and cheese.

My other half is doing ok. He's worried about me more than anything.

I think I'll be ok for the 2 weeks, but if I find out at the end of it that it was for nothing, I'll be devastated. Trying not to think about it, and just focus on the next day. One day at a time. 

Thanks for being here for me. I really appreciate it, especially now Sherry isn't on the forums 

💚💜🌼

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance