Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Dark Skies

@Wanderer 

Someone told me the Irish used complex spelling rules to befuddle the English ... not sure what you think about that.

I became aware about 20 years ago that both my sides were not particularly fond of the english but that it was the main language I spoke ... she is a witchy w hore of a language ... a mixed up cauldron.

X

X

Ha ha @Wanderer 

I came to my Irish side a bit late for learning the language but regularly hang out with a literary, history and theatre Irish based group. They often have new Irish migrants over etc. Somehow I fit there better than with the Irish Australian trad musos.  I did not know any of their songs. and they had negative feelings about me being a classical musician.  I was pretty hurt actually, but best to hang with those where it worx.

I like the net for playing around with language and getting rid of the bloomin constipated Brit attitude to spelling and correct pronunciation.

X

X

Thanks for this post @Wanderer 

Heart(non romcom heart)

I have had a hard time in my writers group because the material is so ... touchy ... suicide, schizophrenia and mental illness ...social stigma and all that.  SO I found this forum and tried to adapt to its peculiarities ...

at uni .. can do the essay thing ... I was a well trained little speller etcetera etceteraaahhh!  I am giving it a last try and will host them in June. I get so tired of having to "move on" ron.

I just posted over on another thread while you posted this.

Tanks again.

Smiley Happy

X

X

greenpea
Senior Contributor

@Wanderer  😞 Oh my dear friend Wanderer. I am here my friend you are not alone. I will sit with you and hold your hand and give you a shoulder to rest your head on. I promise you the pea is in it for the long haul. Love your sweetpeaxxx

X

X

Wanderer
Senior Contributor

X

X

The-red-centaur
Senior Contributor

@Wanderer hugs.

IDK what to say, I'm just glad you're ok.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance