Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Caring4Corny

@Corny  you did not come across as being obsessed with money at all. 

I love giving too ... particularly if I find something at random times that I know someone will find useful or has a particular need for and I do feel chuffed when I know the gift is loved and/ or appreciated.  I am not so fond of giving for the sake of giving (ie Christmas presents), yet I love Kris Kringle's (particularly if there is a funny theme, a low $$ limit or must be an op shop find rule).

Conversely, I am not so good at receiving ...

hope it gave you a smile @Corny 🌈

Surprise buying is the best. When you see something that reminds you of someone, and you get it on a whim, they are so surprised @Former-Member !

Receiving is really really tough for me, hence this thread. Maybe once I learn that its OK to have needs of my own, I can then learn to receive.

Gotta get past the first hurdle which is years of conditioning....baby steps I suppose. I am seeing gradual progress in the right direction.

I have to also learn to only surround myself with people that respect me fundamentally, and not conditionally.

Corny xx

It did indeed @outlander and thank you for the rainbow!

Heart

im glad to hear that @Corny Heart
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Corny Simply put, I think that my self value started to improve when I started to take tangible steps to take control of the things that I could (the clutter, my gardening clothes) and along the way I started to work through the harder things.  In the mix was evidence that some of the things I had to say made a tangible difference in the lives of others. Having a voice that was heard and that what I said mattered ...

Former-Member
Not applicable

Checking in @Corny 

Caring for you @Corny , and concerned that we haven’t heard from you for a while ....

👋💕

Former-Member
Not applicable

How are you going @Corny 

006.png@Corny 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance