Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Queenie
Community Elder

Agitated and mixed up what the heck?

Okay with a long talk with my support worker this morning, I’ve come to the realisation that perhaps I need to see my psychiatrist sooner rather than later. I’ve drastically changed how I look because I think people are following me, I’m not sleeping, I hardly want to go out, I go from suicidal thinking to euphoria and I keep thinking I’ve been wrongfully accused of a crime and will go to jail. I’m also hearing a lot of voices talking all at once but mainly telling me that my wife is going to die.

phew that was hard to type. I’m literally shaking with anxiety. I hope it was okay by the mods here but I copied and pasted the above paragraph into an email to the shrink. I won’t copy anything else. Just hard to put things into words and verbalise what I want to say.

My love to you all friends. I’ll let you know what the shrink says.

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Agitated and mixed up what the heck?

All strength to you @Queenie  for getting it out.  Sounds like a scary hard place.

Gentle hugz if you want one.

Heart

@Queenie  Thinking of you Queenie you are doing the right thing. Love greenpea xxx

Hi @Queenie,

I just read this from Eckhart Tolle. I found it really helpful as I am victim of trapped thought. 

Tolle writes that "the most significant thing that can happen to a human being [is] the separation process of thinking and awareness" and that awareness is "the space in which thoughts exist".[38] Tolle says that "the primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it"

It's so hard with an illness, but it helps me think about the situation instead of following the thoughts in your mind when they are not being helpful.

I know this is a bit general but it could help to know we don't have to focus on our thoughts about other people which are controlling. 

I hope you are okay.

@Queenie you are showing great courage by facing what's going on and seeking help. Sometimes I can't really grasp things until I say or write them. It's good that you could write it down. I feel for you and hope that your pdoc can help. Take care Heart

@Everan  Hi Everan very interesting quotes thank you for sharing. 

"Tolle writes that "the most significant thing that can happen to a human being [is] the separation process of thinking and awareness" and that awareness is "the space in which thoughts exist".[38] Tolle says that "the primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it""

I was wondering if space and situation were the same?  and if that is the case we should be happily mad?greenpea

Hello friends,

I’ve heard back from my psychiatrist and I see him next week. In the meantime he wants me to take no sugar or caffeine after 3pm to try and settle the body for sleep. I feel exhausted.

Q

Hi queenie,

this is soi and l am new to this forum. Wow! sounds like toure going through a really hard time right now, but  it was very corageous of you to put it out and share....but this is a safe place so that's the point isn't it.  It's exactly the place to voice our inner and outer struggles.  Glad that your support worker was able to help you, and that you are seeing your doc sooner than later.....hope this doc is is a good one. l havew to admit, some from prior experience are nothign but damaging.......after a few years l finally found a really good one.  He's a rea; human being and treats me with respect and dignity....you cantell that he genuinly cares and that makes all the differnce when you are treated with respect, heard and achknwledged without judgment.

Hi queenie,

This is soi and l am new to this forum. Wow! sounds like you are going through a really hard time right now, but it was very corageous of you to put it out and share....but this is a safe place so that's the point isn't it.  It's exactly the place to voice our inner and outer struggles.  Glad that your support worker was able to help you, and that you are seeing your doc sooner than later.....hope this doc is is a good one. l have to admit, some from prior experience are nothign but damaging.......after a few years l finally found a really good one.  He's a real human being and treats me with respect and dignity....you can tell that he genuinly cares and that makes all the differnce when you are treated with respect, heard and achknowledged without judgment.  l hope you have the same relationship with yours.  l sincerely hope that things improve for you quickly, and that you feel safer asap. 

Thanks @greenpea  for replying i appreciate it 🙂

I think Eckhart refers to space as the place where thoughts exist, and situation is the reality in which we can be present.

This got me thinking because i think you can be happy by living in thoughts that are happy. I am a very happy person but need to be present to increase my awareness and interact socially.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance