Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Everan
Senior Contributor

A short story about me

Hi,

I felt like sharing today.
I had a neurological event 10 years ago psychosis.
I have recently learned that i have too much excitement mentally. This means I am agitated and it translates to a movement disorder. I don’t consume aspartame from diet drinks because of this.
In life, I have food sensitivity. I sleep 11-12 hours a day most days. I don’t have too many people in my life.
It would be good if anyone wants to share something.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: A short story about me

@Everan  Hi Everan :). I sleep like crazy during the day and am up most of the night. I am on medications for achizoaffective disorder which also makes me tired at weird times of the day. Like you I also dont have many people in my life but couldnt cope with many either. Love peaxxxx

Hi @greenpea 

It's hard to function i agree. I like solitude but realise know that's it's not good in coming to terms with reality.

Thanks

Hi @Everan 🙂

Thanks for sharing your story.  I can relate a little, particularly about not having many people in my life.  I was diagnosed with bipolar 2 after a manic episode and breakdown about 15 months ago.

I won't go into the nitty gritty, but, I did some things I'm pretty ashamed of and ended up in a mental care unity.  I got through it ok and although I think I might have been misdiagnosed.  In a strange way I feel like a better person now and don't take some things for granted like I used to.  I have most of my health and am capable of doing what I want to in life.

Take care

Gazza

Hi @Gazza75 sorry for the delay replying. I had work.

It's great that your a good person and are capable of doing what you want.

I have been going through a lot of change in the past three years and getting better for it.

I just am in the process of setting a course to live better for the rest of my life. I think i have a good philosophy.

I am ecstatic that you responded, thanks.

Your welcome @Everan  You can tag me any time. I am on through the days except some weekends. Can't type much on my phone after hours. Take care  

@Everan  I’ve just read through your thread and wanted to say Hi. You do have a good philosophy to life, and good on you.

I have very few people in my life, I’m not really a people person, one on one really.

I hope you are going ok atm.

Hi @Maggie. It's amazing to here from you. 

I like to be more social. It's hard to stay connected.

Thanks 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance