Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A new start (kind of)

great your appoitnment was productive @Flying_Hams , your psych sounds really on the ball. I hope you can get to the bottom of any negative memory about the workplace, I can't imagine you'd be anything but an asset & talented. But more importantly hope you can see what you'd enjoy doing. I agree with Zoe it's important to have a day off at some point, give the brain a chance to replenish. I should get back into job searching but may need a day of hiking to chill our first.

yes @Zoe7 I'm a total sugar monster! my interview went I don't know how, I was so nervous. I feel really ashamed now, like they should have known that I'm actually a wierdo masquerading as a normal person. I want to be back in the workplace so much but also feel like a fraud trying to pass as normal.

That's annoying your work clashes with your appointment @TAB , I know the feeling, it's so important to have those appointments. It's good that you got some work offered though, hopefully some more is around the corner.

I found my interview mega stressful and actually needed a beer in the arvo to calm down I had so much adrenaline or something. This job hunting business is no small thing, it's emotionally exhausting!

Hope all have a nice night ahead & a good sleep Cat Happy Think I will just watch telly & try to eat a healthy dinner.

Hopefully your interview went better than you think it did @BryanaCamp I am doing the same as you tonight - having a healthy dinner then watching a little tv - then bed early again - today has been exhausting Smiley Surprised

yeah I just didnt like how they tried to twist things around to the detriment of my appointment which was whole reason I couldnt do it @BryanaCamp  going to have to snap out of my lounge coma soon tho am going broke lol

Hi @Zoe7 @BryanaCamp thanks for asking after me. Hello also to @Flying_Hams @TAB @BlueBay 

Having has my birthday weekend & 2 days at new job, I haven’t followed every post but gave just caught up with ANC & this one. @TAB @I hope you can resolve that clash with your appointment & still work to get the money you need. @Flying_Hams @it sounds like you’re serving aces & not always getting the returns you like, but good on you for staying in the game. @Zoe7 it seems you’re getting accolades at work & with your support team - that’s great! @BryanaCamp you’re evidently climbing mountains (well hiking anyway) & you deserve the sugar highs too! 

I’m acclimatising to new job but weirdly missing the residents from the previous facility. At the new place I have to massage some tricky ones - physically & verbally aggressive and a few who are non-verbal & minimally responsive. The drive & timing hasn’t been perfect (roadworks etc), but it’s fine & it’s scenic. Staff seem friendly apart from 1 or 2. Just feeling really flat & a bit weird (could be meds causing me to feel distanced from things - wondering if a low dose of anti-psychotics to reduce ruminations might be implicated). 

Hi @Sam3  thanks for the tag. Er re clash I wouldnt have been that fussed re appt if it hadnt been like 6 weeks in the making. anyway am questioning my decisions re work this year while needing to get work from somewhere and anything but motivated or feeling well in general. Anyway some days things make sense, but not yesterday. thats good that you are liking your new job

Gday @TAB @BryanaCamp @Zoe7 @Sam3 @BlueBay @outlander @Shaz51 @utopia @

Today I'm doing what I've been doing for the past week or so which is just applying for stuff I can find. Also going to the gym in the next 45mins at some point. I'm doing it to keep my sanity or else I'll get depressed even more. I'm aiming for 3 things a day to apply for. Yesterday only got one sent because I realised one of them was way too over my level (something in the 100k range for salary lol). It's getting monotonous and I'm beginning to think I'm wasting time not doing this every hour of every day. But that's impossible and I'd go insane.

Anyway. Thanks for supporting

Hey @Flying_Hams hope you have a great day. 

I love your new avatar 😊

ive just arrived in hospital. In shared room which I hate. 

perhaps try different ways of applying @Flying_Hams  or reseaching things you might want to do. Apparently people should only apply for advertised positions these days .. sounds odd? 

@BlueBay I'm sorry to hear you are in hospital my friend 😕
I am thinking of you. I was almost there a few weeks back. So I can appreciate how you feel.
Are you safe?

I've heard the same @TAB
Although I find sometimes sending emails with questions can be useful.
I'm going to adjust my CV for govt stuff and send it off to things I saw. Just finished at gym
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance