Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Sorry to hear that @Adge  be strong

I will @eth Snuggled on the couch with Toby at present - and happy to stay here for today 👍

Smiley Sad @Adge 

This song is dedicated to Squeaker, my Cockatiel.

I Try by Macy Gray....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6kY_I7rUiE

Sending you my warmest wishes @Adge   

@Appleblossom I'm back.  thought I'd shift the conversation over here as we were on a resources thread.   Will also go join the friday feast for a bit - could do with some more company.   Listening to some old funk here now.  Are you listening to some music tonight?

@outlander  I'm noticing you're a bit quiet today (at least where I've looked for you).  Want you to know I'm thinking of you and sending love xoxo

@eth 

Music might be a great way to go.

Yesterday I danced to some music by these guys.

https://formidablevegetable.com.au/ 

I thought I would watch a movie.  Last few I have started I stopped. Dont seem to be able to settle on one. This one has a way of reassuring and triggering me.  Lots of familiar and endearing childhish scenes but ... we all know how it ends.

Hi @Shaz51 @Zoe7 @Maggie @frog @Owlunar @MDT, others I'm tagging later, and anyone reading.

Over the time this thread has been going, I've read some people say it is too hard for them to keep up with. I can fully understand that now that I am not spending nearly as much time as I used to on the forum. There seems so much to read and respond to when I come back. Anyway, here are my responses to some of the messages I've been reading dating back a few days now. Haven't been able to respond to everything I wanted to, but here goes...

@greenpea good to see you, Sleeping Beauty. That's been me so much the last four days. Other than that I've been mainly sitting in the armchair on my mobile doing stuff on various apps in a quarter-hearted way. Haven't had a shower for way too long. Hoping I can adjust more and things will get better in me over time. Hoping better and happier times for you too. Great that you are keeping up the walks. Avoiding gales is a very good reason for not walking on occasion! Love to you as well.

@Adge that is brilliant news with your backpay from work. So pleased for you. With Centrelink, if you have a MyGov account, all you need do is login to it and there will be a big Centrelink button to press if you want to register for Jobseeker Allowance. That's all you need to do for now. They are contacting people about it later.

Many of the rules associated with getting on to the benefit have been relaxed (eg. no need for: employment separation certificate, letter from employer, bank statements, info on savings and assets). Once registered by pressing that MyGov button, the benefit will be backdated to the time you registered.

https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/subjects/affected-coronavirus-covid-19/changes-clai...

Guessing you already know it's been doubled to about $600 per week with rent allowance on top if you are renting. Massive changes for the better, at least for the next six months.

So sorry to hear about Squeaker.

@Angels333 sorry to hear one of your supports is not there for now. Hoping there is other support for you, even the forum, that might somehow help fill some of the gap.

@outlander love to you.

@Appleblossom trying to avoid cynicism here too. Australia seems to be managing things much better than many other countries. Never perfect of course, but many helpful things happening, I think. At the same time I am dizzied by the changes that will come out of this, the unknowability. Not easy for an insecure person like myself. Aiming for the best in myself, even if it's not greatly manifesting itself for now.

@eth in one of the posts I've only just seen, you asked if I felt you had hijacked my thread. The opposite! I am really pleased to have come back and found it here. It touched me that people were still chatting here after my several months away.

Your lists and notes sound good, funny that you have them all over the place. I have found making lists so valuable at times. Just not up to doing it right now.

Feeling the anxiety you wrote about in relation to your psychologist. Hope things work out with a replacement who will be good. Perhaps there's a little more pushing that could be done with your psychologist by you or bro or sil, before she goes away?

@Exoplanet hearing you that many of us may be unconsciously feeling the general human distress about this global event we are living through. Great to be once more reading your deep and interesting thoughts and perceptions. There is indeed potential for good changes for the world coming out of all we are going through now.

Heart

@Mazarita  Hey Mazzy :). Is lovely and cool where I am. Am sitting here with wooly scarf on and socks, jeans and long warm top :). Is it warm or cool where you are? Do you sit there in your big comfy arm chair with a big oversized dressing gown on and wooly slippers when the weather gets cold?  No one could take your thread is always your thread Mazzy. I dont think I could explain to you how much you were missed by so many while you were away. It was a feeling of we were so pleased for you and your successes but grieving for your absence at the same time if that makes sense..... if that makes the pea selfish so be it. I missed you. Love peaxxxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance