Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: 🤷‍♂️ boundaries

Checking in - how are you going! 
Two of my step children have recently been diagnosed, and I’m a trigger. So I relate ++ to you. 💕 take care 

Hi @Hibiscus1 @Topsy-turvy1 ,

I hear you both. I’ve been banned from places in the past because of my BPD rage.

Sad as it is, but I was always kept in the Acute care unit as an inpatient because I was so high  risk.

SH was my way of coping. To people around, SH was a way of telling them I needed help. Yet I was too afraid to receive help. In my early 20s, I now know I was y ready to be helped. I think I wasn’t sick enough of being sick - yet.

But a decade later, things came to a head. It was do or die. I’d either throw myself into therapy or through myself into death. 

As a last resort, I myself reached out. I’m the past everyone else reached out for me. But this time, I did it. And this was the beginning of my recovery.

Its been a long road, but totally worth it. However, it was a road I needed to travel myself. I had to take charge of my own recovery, and not anyone else. I had to be ready. So in my 30s, by recovery started.

All the best.

How are you @Hibiscus1 ?

Hi 

thank you for asking 

I’ve been struggling - I’m trying to figure out how I can keep living with my step son, and protect myself emotionally. 

seems words like …. ‘His behaviours’ and ‘manipulative behaviours’ - are problematic.

I do understand he has BPD, but I feel his choices are more than BPD.

what’s acceptable behaviours? When you look on FB groups etc, and see parents living with violence, theft and abuse +++ I Think I must be lucky? 🤷‍♂️ 

we don’t have that - but we have a constant low level aggression ….. which builds to a crisis. 

Life’s tricky. 

Ohhh @Hibiscus1 , hugs to you,

I know I used to rage and could have potentially hurt someone, but I didn’t. There’s no excuse for aggression and violence. Yes, the emotional pain can be unbearable for a borderline that they go to extremes to ‘numb the pain’, but you need to make sure you are safe.

My heart goes out to you,

BPDSurvivor

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance