Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Time
Senior Contributor

Im broken now cant do this any more

@Former-Member

Hi Darcy ive had an awful day, ive cried all day.  My son had another episode, very anger outburst.  I remained calm let him lash out.  I called the police and the ambo's but after 1/2 hr of talking with him they did not take him to hospital.  I dont belive he is taking his meds again.  He smashe a glass table cut his hand.  With 30min of this episode he acted like nothing had happed]ned.  Im so so tired and so so emotionally drained I just feel like giving up.  My heart feels like it is breaking.  I just need to stop stop stop and run away.

I hope this feeling doesnt last much longer as im not good with sadness and inside pain.  I dont even know why im telling you this but for some reason I think you will understand.  

Im so sorry to dump on you I just dont know who to turn to right now

Time

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Im broken now cant do this any more

ohhh sending you tender hugs @Time HeartHeart

we are here for you my friend

would you like to start a new thread so we can talk and share our experiences my friend

@Former-Member, @Smc, @Determined, @greenpea

@Time@Shaz51 Hi Time and thank you for tagging me in to the conversation.Shaz51.It is terrible when your child is violent. I know only too well the feelings of when the police come to your door, only my child went to the mh wards 9 times out of 10 which was best for everyone concerned.

Am listening if you want to just unburden yourself.greenpea

@Time

I am so sorry to hear this - sending very gentle thoughts your way.  @greenpea  was someone who immediately came to mind when I got your post and I saw that she and @Shaz51 had already responded.  (Thanks Greenpea & Shaz). Greenpea is so much better able to understand the difficulties you had today than I can so please do take up her listening ear offer - she may be able to give you pointers as to how she manages. 

@Time

We have not met yet but here also and listening. 

Hi @Time

I have been through something similar and know the feeling of not being able to continue - I understand - but really - what can we do but continue?

But it is terrible living on the edge as you are - as I have - and I wonder how old your son is right now - 

But it is terrifying when someone gets out of control and violent - and what can you do to protect yourself

It is such a hard thing when a child - adullt child - any child - we love so much is so far out of control - and we need to care for ourselves - we really do - and it is really hard to work out how to do that

But we need to - please keep posting -  the people who have already responded are supportive people and everyone is really understanding here

But I know the despair - how can things change? I get it - I hear you

Dec

Hate to say it @Time but how old is your son? Could it be drug related?

Re: sorry had to shut down

@TAB Yes my son smoke majurana an has smoked this for quiet a long time no other drugs Im sure of that. Yes I think half his problem is smoking and isolation and too much time doing nothing..

Re: sorry had to shut down

That’s a hard one @Time I hope you can find a solution. It’s outside of my experience. Sorry not much use

Thank you @Owlunar yes im still trying I just had to shut down for 2days and cry. I love my adult son so much it hurts me to see him so sad. He only has me his own father was in and out of his life and when he lost his own boy this started the spiral of out of control drug addiction. By I have a strength of will that buckles but heals quickly so this is why I do continue thank you again for the encouragement I need answers though of how to get the professionals to listen to me they do hear me but they always say it has to be his decision which I get but if I have to wait for that to happen Im afraid it may not and the consquences are hard to bear !!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance