Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

outlander
Community Guide

community/primary health care nurses

HI guys

does anyone have any ideas on how i could arrange for a community nurse to come to my house just as a short term thing? im trying to organise for next year however im not really finding any information on how i would go about organising one. 

ive made some exquires to some private health care nurses however i have a feeling my budget may not accomodate their quotes. 

any suggestions please?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: community/primary health care nurses

Hey there @outlander  definitely hope you can arrange for a community nurse to visit you, you deserve the support. Heart

Most states in Aus usually have a community nursing program that provide outreach, have you had a scroll through your local Government website? Could your GP give you any further information on what is available in the area?

Totally hearing what you're saying on the private nursing front, it can be a hard one managing finances in the process of everything when it comes to our health.

Hopefully some of our members will have some experience in this area Heart 

thank you @nashy
I havent looked right through the government website. ive looked through the nsw website and just online searches but not really having much luck.
i may have to arrange for a private nurse and pay privately. i still havent heard back from them though so who knows whatll happen..

im not sure if my gp will help, she doesnt really help in any other areas! but i guess it is worth a shot...

Hi How did you get on ?i am not not sure if you are aware of silverchain associations in each state . i am in S A and you can call the 1300 364264 number to enquire here . They provide a lot of  nursing and domestic services . All states have links to community allied health groups and mental health is linked with providers. GP or local hosp can reffer or some cases self refferal . The fees are liw and youcan apply for a fee waiver if in hardship. Definitely visit any Dr to get a Gp refferal would be the best way to fast track help . All the best take care let me kniw how you get on X  

hello
i havent had much luck @lost60 i had an email this evening and they said to give them a ring when i can to have a chat over the phone. i havent been able to bring myself to ring yet.

i think ill try to get in to see my gp or speak to the surgeon and see they can refferr me as welll. hopefully they will agree...

Have you asked your Psychiarist?

My Psyciatrist has arranged for mental health nurses to visit me on a daily basis.   

The nurses were based at my local Psych hospital. 

The nurses were all very experienced and very good at their job.

It definatly helped me.

I hope you get the support you need.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance