Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Oaktree
Senior Contributor

Walking for Wellness and Healthy Habits

• So I took part in Topic Tuesday this evening on Physical Activity for Mental Health. I feel motivated so I am going to give up my couch potato ways and start to make an effort to get outside to walk for exercise. I am hoping that I will improve my mental health whilst losing weight and increasing fitness. I am going to keep you updated about my progress here. Feel free to join in - the more the merrier! Maybe we can help motivate each other.

Meggle

1,036 REPLIES 1,036

Re: Walking for Wellness

I'm in @Oaktree, I think it will help. 
I need to motivate myself aswell.

Yay great @Fluttershy1 

Welcome. I think this is going to be great. I need badly to make a change.

My unhealthy lifestyle is not good for me let alone my mental health

Meggle

@Oaktree - I need to get into a better routine, I've gotten into a really bad habit of not doing enough exercise. 

I too need to get back to exercise, but for now am concentrating on getting my music and art practice into a daily routine.  I could get on my exercise bike tomorrow morning.

I'm so proud of you @Oaktree count me in, I'll cheer you on all the way my friend! xx

🐰💙

Just speaking personally, I've come to learn that I cannot be mentally well unless I am physically well. The mind is connected to the body.

I wish you well in finding an exercise regime that works for you? Even just a small walk each day is great work! Every step counts. 

When I woke up this morning there was a patch of sunshine so I thought to myself that I would take a shower and then go on a short walk. I mentioned this to hubby who decided to come too however he was on hold on a call to a government department which ended up taking an hour. We drove down to the park, got out of the car. Hubby put his jumper on and then the rain just bucketed down so we quickly jumped back in the car again. Walk thwarted. We did drive to a local shopping centre, checked our lotto and then walked the perimeter of the shopping centre. That little bit of intentional exercise is better than nothing but I am going to try and find a gap in the weather this afternoon and try the walking thing again. At least we tried I guess.

Meggle

Found a break in the weather and went for a decent walk around the big block which involves crossing a few roads. Took me 28 minutes. It wasn't a fast walk as I am way unfit but it was almost my prescribed 30 mins of daily exercise as recommended. I will keep doing the same walk and try and reduce my time before extending it out further. The sun even came out and shone down at me which was very nice. I have walking group in the morning tomorrow. 

Meggle

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance