Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

AesopWaits
Casual Contributor

Smartphone flashcard I made for bad anxiety days

Mantra.png

Just a flashcard i made to keep on my phone for when im having a bad day/panic attacks. I find that its sometimes easier to have it written for me in black and white than to remember these things when my brain is running a million miles. Hopefully it can help some others the way its been helping me! 
FYI:

3-5 is about breathing, 3 seconds in 5 seconds out

BYOBF = Be Your Own Best Friend, about looking at my illness from a place of compassion rather than judgement

EDIT: spelling

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Smartphone flashcard I made for bad anxiety days

@AesopWaits  Hey AesopWaits hope you are doing well this morning. What a kind thing for you to do. To share this with the SANE family. Much appreciated. greenpea xxx

thanks @AesopWaits 

This is great @AesopWaits ! thanks for sharing 😊 I love this example of ways you can use your phones to help - like some of the apps out there for breathing or maybe you make sure you follow a lot of positive anxiety content on social media for instance.

Are there any other tips around how you use your phone to be helpful to you when having hard times?

Hi Lauz!

thanks for the response, i actually think my phone has sort of become my go to for breaking negative thought patterns and positive reinforcements.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfcAVejslrU - i have this video and song saved to my phone as i find it really calming and regularly use the song for meditation/mindfulness practice.

Just calming music in general (whatever that may be to you, we're all different) sometimes my calming music can be pretty aggressive heavy metal, sometimes more downtempo/ambient stuff.

Crosswords and solitaire games give me a welcome distraction from my negative thought patterns and can help to "reset" when in tough situations.

Great question! interested to see if anyone else has some handy smartphone strats

Introducing Marconi Union's Weightless and Beyond - an ad free 24/7 livestream on YouTube featuring Weightless, Slow Motion, Dead Air and other ambient songs in the band's catalogue. Come and join us here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ4KSllyROs The livestream is ambient music for sleep, focus
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance