Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care- walking and cycling

No big bike  as hoped here over the weekend. While cleared bg gp Darling still feeling the effect of her mishap earlier in the week 😕

Have managed some short walks so that is something. 

Dog walking has been a bit hit and miss, perhaps only getting out on the walking track with them twice in the last week. We did do a 2.5 km walk with friends at the weekend at a National Park without the hounds but they did accompany us and our visitors to a seaside village where we walked along the beachfront and shopping precinct. 

I needed to do a couple of things in town so Mr Darcy walked with me taking the hounds with us and he kindly held them whilst I attended to business. 

@Lilaca you might enjoy this discussion thread

@Former-Member 

Thank you for the invite! 🙂

I would love to have a dog too..but don't think I'm in the capacity of looking after a dog yet. I had tried to help look after someone's dog when the owner is away and I collapsed after a few days. I needed to feed the dog twice a day and I had a relapse. It was disheartening and I had to ask the neighbour to help look after the poor dog. 

But I would love to have one someday. Isn't it lovely to have a nature and beach walk with those you love? Heart

This thread is about walking and cycling @Lilaca not about dogs.  Our dogs are the reason I get out and walk. Since I have started walking with them along with healthy eating there have been noticeable health benefits.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Managed to walk the hounds 5 days in a row this last week but then missed 2, back on track today.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@KEJ 

If you would like to share about your walking adventures (with or without your dog), here is a good spot to do so.images - 2020-07-15T093245.574.jpeg

Exercise has been out the window here for some time here. Settimg a goal to start again next week.

Waiting for a new work roster to formulate a plan. 

Unfortunately darling not interested so I will lukley be doing it alone 😔   hoping that once I start she may join me. 

Managed a short walk with Darling this afternoon.

It is a start. 😊

@Determined @Former-Member 

hope you both keep it up while you can. I used to love walking first thing in the morning. Got the blood pumping and made me feel great for the rest of the day. I have 2 bung hips now and I really miss it. I go to the pool 3 times a week, but it's not the same (but I have to do it to keep a little mobility). And of course during COVID I was unable to and got very unfit and stiff again. Back in the swing of it now though 😊 🏊‍♀️ 

Managed a pb walking distance today.

Have made a commitment to make this circuit a regular Wednesday morning activity with Darling and my mum. (About 4 hours including a half way stop for lunch). 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance