Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care- walking and cycling

Back at it this afternoon.

To guess about a 3km circuit that we have.

May do the circuit on my bike to check. 

Our missy moo to hard to take for a walk.

She carries on like a gerryatric.

Mr moo gets a bit excited and quite the opposite so not going  there either lol. At least until I am a bit more fit. 

Is S1 still walking the dog @Determined ?

That all stopped @Former-Member  because he couldn't (or wouldn't) get the dog to shut up. I was anxious the constant yapping would create a problem with neighbours. 

I'm the only one who worries about that sort of thing because I am the one who has to sort it out when there is a problem. 

Dusted of the pushie and went for a ride for the first time in ??? this afternoon. 

Headed out with a dream of 20km and landed at 12km. Tomorrow is another day 😁   Easy loop to add on to as energy permits. 

Another ride on the bike today.

Only a short one today.  Just to keep moving. Darling and I are both feelimg exhausted for some reason so a big rid out of the question.  

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Determined .

I go for a few walks daily, around a lake where I live, it's peaceful. I get quite anxious when I see people walking or driving past however, and think I can go invisible by putting my head down and not saying hello. I hope people don't think I'm  being rude, I just have bad social anxiety, believe it or not.

But sometimes it clears my head, just looking at the birds, nature, etc. I  try to do some mindfulness - take in my surroundings, the smell of the Eucalyptus trees (one of my favourite smells), listen to the sound of my feet on the ground, etc.

Hi @Former-Member  , nice to meet you.

We have a couple of options where we are of varying length loops for walking or cycling. 

One of the joys of being in town. We used to live more rural and walking while possible wasn't deal, walking paths in every direction now. 

I cant remember when I last rode my bike. Possibly over 12 months or more, my wife (aka darling) and I are trying to get back into cycling it again. 

I understand the 'putting my head down' ... Im liking the cycling because there is less preassure to stop and be sociable if we see anyone we know. 

Managed 3 laps today on our starting over training circuit. (Cycling). 

I prefer cycling to walking I have decided. Feels like more of a workout.

Thank you, nice to meet you too @Determined 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance