Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care- walking and cycling

That's lovely @Former-Member, I bet the dog loved that! 

hi @Shaz51  and my forum friends, 

we so desperately need rain, my town only has enough water for another 6 months, we will have to truck water in, the council said it will cost 1-1.5 million a month to bring water in 😞

i have not seen good rain in 3 years. please share guys 🙂

hugs my friends

Managed over 6k steps today.

Most of that was at work so no intentional exercise but steps are steps 😁 and I was stepping it out as much as I  could. 

Even took the stairs rather than the lift on a couple of occasions. I usually avoid the stairs due to balance issues but was feeling a little more confident today. Going up much easier than going down so I need to put more effort in going up via stairs rather than  lift in future. 

Dusted off the treddly and cycle trainer tonight and managed 20min tonight 😥

Unfortunately none of the sensors were working so I have no speed or distance stats. 

Probably flat batteries given how long it is since the bike was used. Job for tomorrow. 

It helps me to have a distance target in a set time to chase / beat last effort as a form of motivation. As the distance gaps get smaller I extend the time and try to maintain the avg speed. 

Discussing strategies with darling tonight she has an ambition and has for some time to do an annual charity ride that is over 200km. The next ride is just under 12 months away so our goal is to prepare for that with key achievable step up goals in between.  Measurable goals with time constraints = motivation & increased chance of success. 

Rain + work = no dog walk for two days.

Managed 8k steps today

There was a 3km brisk walk included in that so happy with today's effort 😊

The dog has been walked the last 3-4 days.

7300 steps today

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hound is not happy with walking arrangement at new location. No more pleasant ambles along a country lane in a magpie free location. This has been swapped for an old railway walking track in town. Any person/dog we meet has the hound frozen to the spot, then there is the soon to be happening magpie breeding season.

images (73).jpg

First appointment with exercise physiologist this afternoon. Hoping for some structured direction as motivation.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance