Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care by growing a garden

Starting with the cotoneasters @Smc , wouldn't want to inflict those seeds on anyone.

there are a few pots with succulents here.--- sen them here @Former-Member Smiley Very Happy

well we worked this morning and we have done our yard this afternoon

had it now though @Smc , @Adge , @Appleblossom , @Maggie 

Time to rest and enjoy your work @Shaz51 ... I could have kept going but do not want to leave a mess 

me too @Former-Member  and it is getting too late to leave a mess here Heart

Time for a coffee @Shaz51 

@Former-Member, I've included cotoneaster in my mulch. It does obviously self seed in this area, but I've only had the odd one come up, so it's just been pulled up with the weeds and added to the next mulch pile.
The only things I'm really careful about are ivy, honeysuckle and kikiyu, which will grow from any little piece. I leave those to dry out before using them. Blackberry gets fed to the bunnies. By the time it's passed through their digestive season, it's not a problem.

ohhhhh yes a nice big one @Maggie Smiley Very Happy

i have one with you my friend

Filled the neighbours garden waste bin today 😀

download (25).jpg

@Smc 

You will be pleased to know council composts green waste which residents can collect for free.

Love the hanging basket joke @Former-Member. 🙂

Good to hear about the composting. Our council doesn't have a green waste bin. They do collect green waste separately at hard garbage time, and leading up to fire danger season they take it for no charge at the tip. The rest of the year, you have to pay.

Generally they're reasonably progressive on environmental issues, but maybe being a rural area people are mostly happy to deal with it at home. Mind you, we're rural enough that often that means a bonfire, and some people include other waste in the pile, including nasties like treated pine and old sofas... ewww.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance