Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

Fried or not fried brain, it's always good to see you @Teej 💙 Here listening if you'd like to share a bit sometime and also here quietly if you'd prefer not to/can't. Hugs for the SI. Tough. Glad to hear you're OK now.

@Teej  🥰🥰❤️💙💜💛💚

Just checking in 😳

@CheerBear . It's been another roller coaster week here. Today is ok but I have a busy day so may disappear again. 

Mentally I've been trying to come to terms with lots of things. Understanding myself through the ADD lens has been huge. Watching myself and my adult children through the lens of ADD now has been excruciating in a way. Its bought a great feeling of hopelessness and fear. 

I have the whole Centrelink drama to go through again. My psych is bringing in a DSP application form this week but I think it's more to show me that I won't get it on my current diagnosis. However, it has caused so much internal values conflict and confusion. 

Family things are busy but ok for now. My heart is breaking for a very gifted one who is pushing to make another work deadline and has worked so many hours to achieve this one, and his employment could depend on it. ADD for him is showing up now big time for him. It's so much easier to hide in education. It scares me for him and me. 

well that's me. How are you? 

Nice to see you @Teej. Sorry that your weeks been a bit of a tough one. Sending you some of these
💕💕💕💪💪💪💪

@Teej  💜💜💜💜

Hey @Teej. Love seeing your name pop up on tag notifications 😊

The ADD lens would be quite confronting at times I imagine, though helpful in gaining some insight perhaps? Hopelessness and fear is so tough 😔 Sorry gifted one is struggling as he is. Also very hard to have to watch and not be able to fix. Does having experience you can draw on and understanding of the challenges help or add big triggers?

Ugh c-link. That really, reeeeeally sucks. Super yuck 🙁 Not a lot more to say than that but a shuddering with you a bit there.

I am the usual I think. I've had some really dodgy hormone related issues come up in the last couple of weeks. Enough that I went to my Dr all but begging to have all my bits taken out 😂 It messed with me physically and emotionally, something I know you understand. I then sucked it up and went through getting a very ugh contraceptive thingy yesterday hoping it will help. Feeling run down and messed up today but hopeful it will be the lesser of the evils in the end, though I've never tolerated it well. No chance of oopsies has to be a sensible side effect though I suppose👍

On that note, new Mr person is something happening for me at the moment too 😉. He's stayed over which is something I haven't done with the crew before so there's been lots of adjusting (though not as they're all seeming pretty chill about it - but lots of adjusting and working through in my flip-out head I guess). He's great with and around them which is a must for me. Being a parent himself is helping.

Two of my crew have started club sport so the house is a bit soccer bananas at the moment. Mine are naturally talented at the theatrics involved in that sport 😂 Life got busier.

Better end this novel and do the soccer mum thing (who even am I?!) and get them to training. Mud tonight :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Great to see you ❤

Ps was SO happy to read you are getring your dotting and craft on! So looking forward to seeing or hearing about it @Teej 😊

@CheerBear It put a big smile on my dial yesterday reading about your stuff. 

Im running late at the moment but wanted to share that yesterday I had my follow up appointment of my hairy teethy cyst. She showed me photos of them cutting it out and the comparison with my ok ovary. It was really interesting but she didn't show me what was inside it. There were heaps of photos of parts of my surrounding organs. It was really cool.

will catch up later with everyone following here. Big day now.

@Former-Member 😊🤗💜

Former-Member
Not applicable

Was hoping you would keep my identity on the down low please @Teej.
I need some space, safety and anonymity atm. Don’t feel like myself.

Just checking in to say hi and see how you're going @TheVorticon 😎
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance