Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

Disability Support Pension Senate Inquiry

There is currently a senate inquiry into the purpose, intent and adequacy of the Disability Support Pension. 

https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Senate/Community_Affairs/DisabilitySupportP...

Please consider making a submission before the 25th of June if you are on the DSP or have been knocked back for the DSP and you believe you should be on the DSP. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Disability Support Pension Senate Inquiry

Hi @Gwynn Smiley Happy

I can sympathize with your situation. I've been terribly disappointed with the unbalanced input to the currant inquiry into Mental Health and Suicide. Virtually all of it's from therapists and/or treatment organizations; proportionally very, very little of it is from patients and sufferers - the real voices that need to be heard and orchestrating the government's policy.

I wish I could be of some assistance to your interests, but I'm not disabled and therefore have no meaningful input to contribute to a disability pension inquiry.

But I wish you all the best and hope that you can attract visable numbers to respond to this important inquiry. Smiley Happy

Re: Disability Support Pension Senate Inquiry

Hi @chibam,
Thanks for your moral support. 🙂 If I can get one other person to contribute to the Senate inquiry, then I will have done well, I think.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance