Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

How are you getting along @Radleritis ?

Hi @Former-Member 

Work in progress, as they say  πŸ™‚

Going away this weekend so not much will be done in the house. 

Plenty of time for that next week/weekend.   

πŸ™‚

@Radleritis 

Weekend break = πŸ™Œ

images (31).jpg

Donated a jigsaw to the op shop that I had finished with (was bought 2nd hand to start with). 

@saturnzoon  @Sophie1 wondering if this is a tactic used in your households, in my family it was a case of nature calling πŸ˜€.images (41).jpg

@Former-Member  Giggle yes dishes seem to be non existent to MsS at moment .. although she couldn’t resist an Alan key to put the new spare bed together today - a lovely big king single instead of a kids single bed ... this is the spare room bed that I often end up in when she snores lol ... so super happy ... I also cleaned out and de cluttered spare room a bit more so feeling pretty good about that ! Makes me want to sort and tidy even more πŸ™‚ 

@Sophie1 

Continued progress = πŸ™Œ

Alan key vs dish washing = no contest. 

New bed = πŸ‘

I posted off an op shop find to my mum today so that is off the table.  Have two other items set aside that I am hoping to donate over the weekend.

Here's a tip that may work for some πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Screenshot_20190913-210621.png

Meh.... we tried that one. After repeatedly asking them to pick up their toys, and warning them of the consequences, I packed everything on the floor into boxes and put them away until they started keeping what was left tidy. Didn't work.

As adults they're not too bad at keeping things in order. Maybe because letting it get out of hand has the intrinsic "punishment" of not being able to do what you want to do (can't find things, lack of space etc.) and also the added thing of the landlord gets unhappy when they do a rental inspection.

@Smc  I don't know it would have worked at our place either, but it did make me smile .. like your lot, we could happily live without things.

I think you have got it in one ...  consequences occur on their own accord without external input.

Have noticed Mr Darcy has put things in spots that really do not suit just so they are out of sight.

Have just thought of a possible temporary solution to one of our challenges - where to put office supplies and some of the other things until they get a permanent home post renovation. In regards to the latter,  we are ready to roll as the bedroom/office area quite straightforward, kitchen will take more time/thought but every builder we have rung has said 'hope you are not in a hurry ...'. 

We got a 2nd hand tallboy today, the house has some old style wardrobes, but not any shelving or drawers for socks, jocks,  trousers etc.

Outgoing was some Reg Grundies not fit for an ambulance trip and a small quilt I had put aside to pass on finally left the building. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance