Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Coping Toolbox ( what is in yours to help you cope )

Hi @Flying_Hams ,

Yeah, if it's your first lockdown, it makes it a lot harder.

I remember when we had an 8pm curfew. Felt like the war times where there were check points at every corner. You couldn't drive down the street without having your papers checked. All our authorised worker permits were checked, and authorities everywhere.

Hence, this lockdown is definitely not hard. I'd prefer the shorter lockdowns to the 6 month ones!

All the best @Flying_Hams . Be kind to yourself.

@outlander, hugs...

Myself, I'm going OK with it. Lockdown actually equates to being partially "off duty" as carers, since Older Daughter lives half an hour's drive away. We're still providing a lot of phone support, but can't be on call to drive her places. Our Younger Daughter, however, finds being stuck at home without her usual friendship group hard. They're also 30+ minutes drive away...

Take care peoples. Hope you can all find enough positives to help balance out the hard stuff.

@Smc can be a juggling act sometimes hey. Its abit easier for me because i dont have to do school runs and sporting event etc but it means on the days mums working i have siblings longer and helping with home school. theyre also getting bored because weve been in lockdown for 4 weeks already and its looking like will be longer again without being able to see their friends too.

hopefully your youngest can find things to do to amuse herself. does she have access to some technology so she can do face time or texting to some friends?

@outlanderShe does plenty of face time and social media stuff, but it's not the same. And she's a bit lost when it comes to "amusing herself". She's not in a good patch right now.
She catches up with one friend in town by going out on walks as their allowed exercise time.

yeah thats true it is so different to seeing someone in real life @Smc hopefully it might ease for your area so she can see some more friends soon.
its good she is able to see one to go walking with though. at least thats something

@Flying_Hams 

luckily I am not locked down... 

or unluckily as the case may be... it was Mr S's eldest 18th yesterday and we had to go. As there were members of the boy's mother's family there as well, he has a lot of unresolved (in his opinion) conflict with them. I'm please to report he kept all his anger in check while we were out, not always the case.

I like it better when we can't leave the house tbh. Much less stressful than wondering when security or the police will be called every time we venture out.

Hope you are doing ok. 

Hi @SJT63
I hope you're OK and well today
I am on my last legs today
Struggling

Hey @Flying_Hams,

I'm sorry to hear you're having a tough time today. Could I clarify what you mean when you say 'last legs'?

I want to encourage you to reach out for extra support if what you're feeling starts to become too distressing. There's Lifeline (13 11 14), Beyond Blue (1300 224636) or SANE's Helpcentre is open until 10pm this evening if you'd just like to connect with someone 1:1 non-urgently. SANE also has peer support services available to connect with someone who has a lived experience of mental health issues via email, webcat or phone (book a call)- more on that at this link

In the mean time, wishing you whatever strength you may need to get through. All the very best, 

TideisTurning 🌼

Hi @TideisTurning
I mean wits end, fed up, tired etc

Thanks for reading outb

Not great @Flying_Hams. Hearing your tired and holding hope that things will improve for you soon. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance