Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Coping Toolbox ( what is in yours to help you cope )

'Morning @Shaz51 et al.

I got outside yesterday to get a few things done before the weather goes cold(er) and wet for the rest of the week.

Moved the chookpen. It's a small portable pen with one lone pet-chookie. I bring her a bucketful or few of leaf litter or other garden waste "bedding" each day, she has fun scratching through it for insects and other edilbes, I have fun watching her do so, and when the pile of bedding is big enough, I move the cage to the next spot and let the old one compost ready for summer veggies. Our bunny's cage is next to hers, so I chat with both of them while working, and any native birds that drop by.

After that, took a break sitting down near the creek behind our place. It's flowing nicely with the recent rains, and the River Coots were honking away in the reeds.

Also got stuck into some cuttings I collected from Mum's garden last week. Thryptomene, rosemary and Finger Bowl Pelargonium (tiny lemon scented leaves). Did a fairly rough job of them, but made sure I dipped all the stems in honey to encourage root growth. Here's hoping. 🙂

Thanks for the grief posts @Shaz51. Lots of "living grief" happens here, and they're very relevant to that too.

Lots of "living grief" happens here, ohh hugs my @Smc 

My mum is getting dementia which is under lining grief too xoxo

hello @bipolarbunny@Elac@znp@Krishna@Smc 

how are you tonight my friends xx

struggling @Flying_Hams but just doing what i can. thats all anyone can do

Yeah @outlander
I've realised how much of my life exists outside my LGA and my suburb.

I've been struggling heaps

Where are you located @Flying_Hams ?

I'm actually doing so much better this lockdown. But I guess because it's our 5th lockdown here in Melbourne. So I planned my days and routine to stay well.

Last lockdown, I wasn't coping.

yes @Flying_Hams many things are outside our area too

Sydney @BPDSurvivor
Its hard. Yeah I guess after all thos rings Melbourne you would have a planed out way of doing it all.

It is what it is I guess

But its still hard hey

@outlander

yes indeed @Flying_Hams
right now im not even allowed to leave the house as im waiting on some covid results. thats very difficult to do when you live with someone who has dementia
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance