Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Celebrate Today

That sounds like a great day for you @Former-Member. It's amazing how good you feel when you get a hair cut 😊
BB xx
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @BlueBay. Yeah I usually get a cut every 6 months or so, but since my last cut in Aug, so much has been happening. Including being overseas for 2 weeks. Then hubby being booked in for major surgery immediately after. That resulted in a 3 week city hospital stay. Then his diagnosis of stage 4 melanoma. Meaning anti cancer treatments and subsequent major side effects since early January. Another emergency 4 week hospital stay in April. Slow recovery and intensive nursing at home since then.

So really, getting a haircut was never a priority. I trim the fringe myself anyway.

But it still feels good to get it done at last. Too many dry ends. Now its all glossy and healthy looking. Although, I'm missing the soft natural ringlets I was getting when it was so long. 😊

Sounds like a great day @Former-Member. So good when you get your hair cut and you feel fresh as a daisy.

Hello @utopia @Former-Member @BlueBay @Appleblossom

I am celebrating getting through my work week and arriving at Saturday. It was hard to keep going to work. Also, I managed to do loads of washing and get it dry in my tiny house because of drizzle. I'm also up and about to walk my dogs, which is a small victory.

Hope today brings things worth celebrating - small victories are victories!

Heart @frog

ANDREE Bonnard with dogs.jpg

Thanks @Appleblossom there's some uncanny resemblance to my two there!

@frog Smiley Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @frog @utopia @Appleblossom @BlueBay 

Well done Frog. Walking the dogs is good. I havent done that in a while. Actually I need to book my Holly dog in for her annual innoculations and check up. Note to self to phone next week and organise.

So ... what can I celebrate as achievements for today?

Well, a few things teally.

1.  Weekly gocery shop done. Tick

2.  Cooked a nice dinner tonight which hubby said was the nicest chicken he's had in a long time. Yay 😆

3.  I cooked up some yummy marmalade this afternoon using oranges lemons and grapefruit from our back yard fruit trees. Cooling in their jars now, and tastes yummy. Toast and marmalade for breakfast tomorrow I think. 👍

Sherry. 🐶

Well done @Former-Member my friend you achieved quite a bit today xx

TRe: Celebrate Today

Okay today I,

* took my anti depressants

* washed the dishes

* did two loads of washing - now hung near heater to dry

* cooked spaghetti for dinner.

Well done @Former-Member@frog.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance