Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Brain Dumping

@Eve7  have you done a brain dump before?

Very true @Eve7 @Former-Member 

Yes I will have to have my book with me , it sure does well but sometimes I forget to write it 

Not really @Former-Member @Shaz51 

This is the first time I’ve put everything down that was swirling around my head.

Trying not to think about what I’ve written is the hard part.

Hi All.

First time I've heard the term "brain dump", but it is something I have done from time to time. Sometimes writing out a page of more or less connected thoughts to help get them in order, sometimes writing down the "must remember" things so that I don't have to keep churning them over in my head to remember them.

I don't think I could face trying to do an "all at once" version @Former-Member . Too much, too overwhelming. I think taking just one or two questions from that list you put up would do me for quite a while.

Oddly, I just did a kind of mini-dump on social media, as a "post-Christmas-debrief"... inspired by the discussion on @Determined's thread. Trying to sort out what works for our family, and what doesn't, and inviting other people to do likewise. And doing it on social media means I have a friends list to keep me accountable.

Former-Member
Not applicable

As with all coping tools, what works for one might not work for another @Smc .

I certainly found that accountability is really helpful for myself, using this forum to report in my declutterering progress was ever so helpful.  

Former-Member
Not applicable

Am thinking of doing another brain dump with a particular focus on the 8 dimensions of wellness. I have had quite a few thoughts around a few of these and feel that it might be a helpful exercise.images (87).png

Sounds good @Former-Member πŸ˜€:ok_hand:

Am thinking of doing another brain dump with a particular focus on the 8 dimensions of wellness. I have had quite a few thoughts around a few of these and feel that it might be a helpful exercise.--- great idea my awesome friend @Former-Member , only do it when you yourself is ready xoxo

revisiting here to refresh my mind 

Hello @Smc@Eve7@WIP@Sophie1@Mrsjones@Appleblossom@BlueBay@Daisydreamer 

Thanks for tagging me @Shaz51 and great idea @Former-Member πŸ™‚ 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance