Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: 8 dimensions of wellness

@luckymeaunty, @Former-Member , @Appleblossom@Carlachris@Determined@Smc@Scoo@Faith-and-Hope@eth@outlander 

Hello @Former-Member , coming to have a regular visit is really helping me 

@Shaz51 

Heart

Always there for everybody else.

Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes @Shaz51 we need to remind ourselves that we are able to cope better if we give TLC to each of these areas of wellness. 

hugs @Appleblossom , @Former-Member HeartHeart

Hugs back @Shaz51 

@Former-MemberSometimes its not possible to attend to all 8 dimensions with sufficient TLC, but I still love the model.

Heart

Smiley Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

Agree @Appleblossom 

@Former-Member  I re read this thread yesterday and it is such a gold mine of wisdom and inspiration ... lately I'm having to remember it's ok to sleep 😴 and care for my physical wellness in balance with occupational / career wellness 🤓... I adore my new job and it's hard to tear myself away from the desk late at night sometimes lately 

@Shaz51 @Former-Member @Sophie1 @Appleblossom 

I am struggling with self care after sustaining an injury and minor surgery. I cant even go for a walk let along the gym. I'm eating well and keeping up with spiritual practices though. But pain is getting me down. Hubby started off supportive but he can never cope for long when the focus is not on him. I need his help to undress at the moment and he was really cruel tonight. No gentleness, and he caused me a lot of pain. He didn't care and blamed me for the clothes I was wearing.

Sorry for venting in this subject matter as it's not really relevant but I am feeling pretty distressed and I saw the tag. 
Most of the time I manage to stick to the 8 dimensions of wellness. Just hard sometimes. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

It is discouraging @Scoo when care is not reciprocated in the same way it is given and gentleness is absent.

Hi @Scoo totally hear you on the post injury post surgery pain - sending you hugs 🤗 first up !!!

my hip still pains me 2 years on from car accident and 1 year on from surgery ... I have had to find creative safe ways to do things without creating more pain than necessary... and I've had to be ok with saying I'm in pain to my doctors so I can get a pain management plan that works for me 

however I am in pain every day and  wake up in pain every day and can't do what I used to do easily and in many cases at all ... so I make the most of what I can do and focus on the joy and beauty of life wherever I can find it - art, music , books, good friends , my garden - esp flowers and colours - yep just colours .... 

my partner MsS is sometimes not able to help at all and then we get into land of many workarounds and short cuts to compensate ... mostly she can help tho when I really need it - which is way less often now ...

maybe some of the others can help to suggest gentle ways to remind your partner that you didn't ask for this pain and you really appreciate their help and that you really need their help ... unless they will organise a nurse for you ? 🤷‍♀️

anyway thinking of you and feel free to reach out again - your wellness matters 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance