Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

TideisTurning
Peer Support Worker

Peer Group Chat// Trying To Connect in A Sometimes Lonely World// Thursday 9th June 2022 7-8:30PM AEST

The Peer Group Chat happening on Thursday, 9th June 2022 will be on the topic of 'Trying to Connect in a Sometimes Lonely World'. 

TideisTurning_0-1654128504920.gif

For ease of reference, the times across Australia are in the graphic and listed below; 

TideisTurning_1-1654128543885.png

Western Australia: 5pm 
Northern Territory & South Australia: 6:30pm 

Queensland, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Victoria & Tasmania: 7pm 

For those new to Online Peer Group Chats, each chat session focus on a specific topic and is guided by peer workers with lived experience of mental health issues. Counsellors are in the background to make sure chats are as safe as possible for participants. It is a space for peers to share their story and experiences, and connect with those who are going through something similar. 

Peer Group Chats are hosted outside of the forums, using a platform called Chatwee. To join an Online Peer Group, you will need to register for an account with Chatwee. On the night, follow this link and log in to your Chatwee account before the group starts.  

You can join our Online Peer Group Chats every  Thursday from 7:00-8:30pm (AEST). 

Check out the FAQs page for more information.  

More About the Upcoming TopicDespite living in an ever more connected world, loneliness and isolation still seem to be ever present. Loneliness and isolation can take many different forms – it could be emotional, social and/or collective. Let’s come together to share experiences of loneliness and isolation, and explore ways of connecting.  

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Peer Group Chat// Trying To Connect in A Sometimes Lonely World// Thursday 9th June 2022 7-8:30PM AEST

Also going to tag some members who may be interested. Feel free to spread the word, tag others and support the post for further reminders closer to! @petrichor @Historylover @Shasan @Snowie @LadyCaroline @Jugglingaround @Jimbo2 @Former-Member @Flying_Hams @chibam @Lila3 @AFK @MattsOpinion @Delicatessen @Appleblossom 

Re: Peer Group Chat// Trying To Connect in A Sometimes Lonely World// Thursday 9th June 2022 7-8:30PM AEST

Would love to join in but it’s impossible to set up anew account.

Do you need some help in setting up an account with the Chatwee platform? @Delicatessen 

Tagging @TideisTurning 

I know you all mean well, but I feel your system of communication is over the top unwieldy.

Surely I could watch a video without having to create a new membership with a new group, chat pee?

I hear you @Delicatessen & @jumble . I know you're not the only ones to have had frustrations and challenges with the Chatwee platform and I appreciate you bringing the issues you're experiencing to our attention. I'm not sure if this FAQ might be of some help to either of you? There will also be the option to read a transcript of the discussion back afterwards- we will post here when that is available. You, or anyone who would like to is also welcome to continue or discuss here on the Forums by creating a new thread.  

Hello to everyone on the forums!

This is a reminder post that this week’s Online Peer Group Chat, surrounding the topic of Trying to Connect in a Sometimes Lonely World, will be happening today at 7:00 – 8:30pm (AEST)!

Here’s a bit about the group:

Despite living in an ever more connected world, loneliness and isolation still seem to be ever present. Loneliness and isolation can take many different forms – it could be emotional, social and/or collective. Let’s come together to share experiences of loneliness and isolation, and explore ways of connecting.  

Peer Group Chats are hosted outside of the forums, using a platform called Chatwee. To join an Online Peer Group Chat, you will need to register for an account with Chatwee. On the night, follow this link and log in to your Chatwee account before the group starts. Please see this FAQ if you have any questions! 

Finally, here is some information to make it easier to know when to log on, depending on where you are in Australia!

Western Australia: 5pm 
Northern Territory & South Australia: 6:30pm 

Queensland, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Victoria & Tasmania: 7pm 

Thanks and we’re looking forward to seeing you there! I am going to tag some members of the community, but feel free to tag others or support this post if you want an update tonight!

@Flying_Hams @chibam @Lila3 @Appleblossom @Snowie 

Hi everyone! Just a reminder that tonight's Peer Group Chat on the topic of Trying to Connect in a Sometimes Lonely World is starting very soon in about 10-15 minutes if you'd like to join us here I'll tag those who have supported or otherwise interacted with this thread so far for a reminder and those online in case they might like to join too. 😊 

@Lila3 @chibam @Flying_Hams @Appleblossom @Snowie @Bill16 @Clawde @EternalFlower @Oaktree @Former-Member @StuF @TAB @Tninja @Yoshi7 @creative_writer @greenpea @oceangirl @DogLover123 @Adge

Hope to see you there, but also feel free to tag @ moderator if you need any support 😊 

Thanks for the tag @TideisTurning but I'm pretty knackered. Unlikely to last the duration apart from anything!

I hope it is a good chat 🙂

yeah too busy living the Topic I guess @TideisTurning  sorry

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance