Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Peonies
Senior Contributor

June Community Wrap

Hi all,

We are back at it with another recap of what has been happening on the Forums in the past month!

#️⃣Trending topics:

👏Celebrate a member:

Thank you @bipolarbunny, for creating an Ask me Almost Anything about Bipolar, and for generously sharing your lived experience to support other members of our community who are also living with and/or caring for a loved one who is living with bipolar.

Thank you @Determined  for creating a beautiful thread full of inspiring and thoughtful quotes of the day.

@Pato  for offering incredible peer support to another member on the Forums by sharing your own experiences and the different ways that have helped you to understand and manage them here

@ArraDreaming for creating a thread for forum members to support each other when covid restrictions started again. This has created a space for all to share what we can do and control during this difficult time.

We want to thank @ShiningStar  for nominating some of these members and helping us to highlight members' fantastic contributions to the forums. 

🎉SANE events to take part in next month

Our next Topic Tuesday will be on Tuesday 6th July. Please stay tuned for more info!

The next Online Peer Group Chat is on Thursday 1st July, 7pm to 8:30pm AEST. The group chat will be about procrastination and time management. Take a look here for more information on how you can join the discussion.

🔦Spotlight on:

At the beginning of June, we welcomed a group of members to join our existing Community Guides (CGs) in our Community Guide program. For those who may not know already, CGs are members of the SANE Community that consistently engage in the forums by providing knowledge, offering peer support, and helping to role model the forum's principles and culture Heart

June was also Pride month! We celebrated and acknowledged Pride month by expanding on the key themes and messages that were shared in the IDAHOBIT: Week-long discussion. If you haven’t already, please join in the discussion here! 🏳️‍🌈

In celebrating World Refugee Day and Refugee week, we also hosted a World Refugee Day Morning tea. Here, we had a great discussion with fellow forumites about the different ways we all can play a role in achieving unity and togetherness for all and tips on how we can safely support people from refugee and asylum-seeking backgrounds to share their experiences.

quote.pngQuote of the month:

"Sometimes, it is very difficult to find the best treatment. Oftentimes, I truly think that the major part of healing comes from within ourselves." - HenryX

"Pride means loving ourselves for who we are and loving all those around us and allowing them to be their authentic selves without imposing limits or judgments. Pride is love!"- Meggle

"I've found this forum to be invaluable. It's really helpful sometimes to be able to talk through issues anonymously, or simply to virtually "catch up" with people who understand how complicated life can get when there's a MI family member” – Smc

Tagging those who supported last month’s wrap to receive a notification:

@frog @Anastasia @eth @MIFANTCARER @Mazarita @rivergal @Determined @Shaz51 @Snowie @Former-Member @Emelia8 @saltandpepper @bipolarbunny @Judi9877 

Do you know someone that could be celebrated in the next wrap or see a quote you think could be shared here? Feel free to email our team at team@saneforums.org 

If you are enjoying reading our monthly wraps - hit the support button, and we will notify you when the next one is up!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: June Community Wrap

@Peonies Also feel like a lot of forum members would like to acknowledge/celebrate the return of @greenpea 🎊

@Peonies @saltandpepper  Goodness thank you so much. I cannot explain how much our forum means to me. You all are such beautiful, caring people. I love you all.Your friend always peaxxxHeart

Thanks @saltandpepper Heart 

Welcome back 🤗!  @greenpea 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance